Organic Black Seed Oil
Is Black Seed Oil (Nigella sativa) a miracle herb?
Black seed (also known as nigella seeds) is a member of the buttercup family and its seeds are dark, thin, and crescent shaped with approximately 100 nutritional chemical constituents present (new nutritional compounds are still being identified). One of the constituents that has been studied by modern science as a major player in this food is thymoquinone. Some of the other identified constituents are beta sitosterol, myristic acid, palmitic acid, palmitoleic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, arachidonic acid, protein, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, folic acid, calcium, iron, copper, zinc, and phosphorous. Since 1959, black seed oil has been the subject of more than 200 different studies at universities and laboratories.
Black Seed is Packed with Nutrients
The compounds in black cumin seed oil are a unique mixture that may have multiple supportive effects. Antioxidants which may support the body’s ability to reduce oxidation, support antioxidant systems on a cellular level and possibly prevent damage caused by free radicals. Compounds present in this food may support the body’s ability to have a healthy inflammation response. It may do this in 3 possible ways. First, by possibly aiding in the suppression of NF-KappaB which is a master regulator of inflammation by preventing inflammation pathways from becoming over stimulated.
Next, it may possibly support the inhibition of a variety of enzymatic systems that produce leukotrienes and prostaglandins like 5-LOX and COX1. Finally it may possibly support the reduction of a precursor of molecular inflammation called 5-HETE. Black seed oil may have a possible direct effect on the body’s ability to have a healthy immune response by inciting an acute inflammatory response to infection.
Black Seed has a rich historical and religious background
It has been said that if you nourish what is on the inside it will show on the outside as well. It is believed that Cleopatra’s beauty came from the use of this powerful seed oil. Rich in nourishing compounds, vitamins and minerals necessary for the possible repair and recovery of one’s hair, skin and nails. Science has said that many of today’s skin issues have a direct connection to autoimmune issues. Much of the science with black seed oil and skin health goes back to its ability to support the body in having a healthy inflammation and immune system response. This may be one of the links that puts it all together. Another possible connection is the very impressive essential fatty acid profile having 26 different fatty acids present with majority being the following: 8.51% palmitic acid, linoleic acid 42.76%, oleic acid 15.59%, epa 5.98%, dha 2.97% and eicosatrienoic acid 4.71%.
Black Seed (N. sativa) has been widely studied for therapeutic possibilities
Here are a couple of interesting study results using black seed oil for a variety of different issues, yet, all related to the body’s inflammation response. In one human study, 40 women with rheumatoid arthritis had a one month washout period where they took a placebo twice daily. This was followed up with one month of using 500mgs twice daily of the black seed oil. The study used a standard 28 point scale to assess their results which showed improvement across the board. A total of 42.5% of the patients showed overall reduction in symptoms. Another study showed that animals that were supplemented showed improvement in both the lowering of LDL and raising of HDL levels.
The black seed oil benefits may be numerous
Due to the variety of ways this food may support human health and the impressive body of science and history backing it up, we would not be surprised if you see much more to come from this powerful superfood. We strongly encourage you to make this an everyday staple in your life.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Black Seed Oil may include:
- May support a healthy immune system response
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support a healthy antioxidant response
- May support the health of hair, skin, and nails
- May support a healthy histamine and allergy response
- May support healthy digestion
- May support cardiovascular health
- May support a healthy response to invading bacterial infection
- May support a variety of different regulatory pathways in the body
- Possible anti-fungal and anti-yeast properties
- Complex fatty acid profile
- Complete body of science and history supporting its ability to nourish the body
Powerful Phytonutrients, Vitamins, Minerals and Nutrition in our Fresh, Raw, Organic Black Seed Oil include:
- Tricyclene, Camphene, β-Pinene, 2,4, nigellone, Dithymoquinone, Sabinene, β-Myrcene, 1,8-Cineole, α-Terpinene, Limonene, γ-Terpinene, cis-Sabinene hydrate, allo-Ocimenol, Linalool, Terpinolene, trans-Sabinene hydrate, Terpinen-1-ol, 1,5,8-p-Menthatriene, Nonane, Borneol, RI, MS, Pinocarvone, trans-Dihydrocarvone, Dihydrocarvone, Ocimenone (E), Thymoquinone, Thymol, Carvacrol, 2-Undecanone, n-Octyl isobutyrate, α-Longipinene, Citronellyl acetate, Thymohydroquinone methyl ether, Cyclosativene, tanethole, α-Longicyclene, 4-terpineol, beta sitosterol, (10)-Thujadiene, myristic acid, palmitoleic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, Oxygenated monoterpenes, Sesquiterpene hydrocarbons, Oxygenated sesquiterpenes, Diterpenes, Alkane, Alkenes
- Fatty acids, Fatty acid esters, arachidonic acid
- Vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, folic acid
- Minerals: Calcium, iron, copper, zinc, and phosphorous
- Epa, Dha, α-Copaene, α-Longifolene, (Z)-Caryophyllene, β-Caryophyllene, Thymohydroquinone dimethylether, RI, MS, Aromadendrene, Thymohydroquinone, Davanone, 8-Heptadecene, Dihydrofarnesyl acetate, Pimaradiene, Palmitic acid, Pimara-8(14),15-diene, Octadecanoic acid, Quinones, Monoterpene
For internal use mix 1 teaspoon (5 ml) with honey, cold or warm dishes, or pure before meals.
For external use apply to dry skin, acne, eczema, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, minor wounds, rashes, bedsores and other minor skin irritations.
Mixing Suggestions: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic turmeric root powder and piperine extract powder.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Ingredients: Raw Black Seed Oil.
Parts Used: Black Seed (oil only).
Typical smell and flavor profile: Smoky and earthy flavor.
Common appearance and texture: Black oil.
Botanical Name: Nigella sativa L.
Other Names: Nigella seed, Great pignut, Kalaunji, upakunchika, nigella, Kalonji, Black cumin seeds, kala jeera, Susavi, Sthulajiraka, Blackseed, Upakunci, Black Cumin, Nigella seed, fennel flower, black caraway, nutmeg flower, black seeds, haba barakah, Roman coriander, Black caraway seeds.
Origin: Grown and cold pressed in India. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
ZNaturalFoods.com offers Organic Black Seed Oil packaged in an airtight, resealable, dark glass bottle to retain optimum freshness and to preserve maximum potency.
Keep your Organic Raw Black Seed Oil in a cool, dark, dry place.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
All sales are final. Thank you.
Orders placed before 12pm Mon-Fri normally are sent out the same day. USPS with tracking is availbale.